Terms and Conditions
- Children must be accompanied and supervised at Hanwell Zoo, by an adult (+16), at all times.
- Class size refers to learners only. Learners must be accompanied by facilitators to the ratio of 4:1. No-more than 4 learners per facilitator. Additional facilitator are permitted. No charge applies to facilitators, but restriction on space may restrict certain activities to 7 facilitators per 30 learners.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult, this does not apply to the ‘Zoo Keeper for a Day’ experience. If the adult is not a paying participant, they must still accompany children and will be asked to observe the activity from our viewing windows.
- Zoo Keeper for a Day. This activity does not require supervision. If an adult would like to accompany their child, full charges apply.
- Birthday parties, under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult, to a ratio of 4:1. For every 4 party guests, one supervising adult must be present at all times.
- We require the name and contact details of both the booker and the person (or head person) who will be supervising any under 16’s on the day of the activity. If this were to change, we must be informed as soon as possible.
- In cases where there are more than one supervisor, only the name and contact details of the head supervisor is required.
Payment and Refunds
- Full payment is required upon booking of any educational visit, experience, party or other pre-booked event.
- In the rare event of unforeseen circumstances, we may be unable to guarantee that a pre-arranged animal experience or other activity will be available on the day of your visit. We will notify you as soon as possible and offer:
- A full refund
- A rebooking of your original experience
- A chance to change your experience with another (if available).
- Bookings cancelled, by participants, fewer than 5 working days prior to the visit there is subject to a 50 per cent cancellation charge.
- Experiences may not be used as a raffle prize (or other). E-vouchers are allowed to be used as a raffle prize (or other), but our express permission must be sought before purchase, as differing terms and conditions apply
- Waiver of Liability – Hanwell Zoo expects all participants and visitors to behave and/or be supervised in a manner accustomed to a zoo. Signage and warning signs must be observed and staff instruction must be adhered to – at all times. Failure to do so, suspends Hanwell Zoo from accepting liability for your or those under your supervision and/or charge any person personal loss, injury, property loss or damage.
- Any health or physical concerns, which might impede certain activities must be disclosed before booking an experience or school visit. We are happy to make alterations to experiences (where we can) to accommodate differing abilities. It is the participants (or participants supervisors) responsibility to highlight any medical conditions which may impede, or be aggravated by, any experience.
- Any allergies which might impede certain activities must be disclosed before booking. Please be aware that most activities take place outside in a planted and/or grassed area, some of our animals are fed peanuts and other nuts, all food is prepared in an area where peanuts and nuts are present. Where possible, we are happy to make alterations to accommodate differing requirements.
- No dogs or other pets at allowed on any zoo premises at any times.
- All of your personal details will be held with the strictest of confidence, and will never be passed to a third party.